Safe hunting this weekend, and every time
With Pheasant Season opening this weekend Saturday, October 17, 2015, it is always a good idea to review the safety tips taught in hunter's safety course.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, also known as muzzle control.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use, always treat a firearm as a loaded fire arm.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety, machines fail, your firearm is a machine.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use proper ammunition, if you switch guns throughout your hunt be sure not to load the incorrect round.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun and have it serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
- When crossing fences, water or any hazzords be sure to unload firearm.
- Unload firearm as soon as you leave the field.
- Take responsablity for and of your firearm.
To learn more or take a hunter's safety course: