Tip on how to reduce your taxes!
Everyone wants to save a little money right? In South Dakota you can reduce the amount of property tax you pay by filling out a Certificate of Owner-Occupied Dwelling by following this link!
You will have to answer the following questions and have this form filled out and to your County Courthouse by March 15, 2016 (postmark qualifies).
- I owned the property described below on November 1, 2015
- I occupied the property described below on November 1, 2015
- This is the only property for which I can claim the owner-occupied classification
- The property described below is my principle residence as of November 1, 2015
- I own other residential property in the United States
- If yes, state location
The questions are on the form, you fill it out and send it in. Pretty simple, and keeps some of your hard earned money in your account. If you cannot get the form to print or display come by our office, we will help you out! If you purchased from us in 2015, we are sending out letters and a copy of the form to your new home. One of the many ways EXIT Realty Sioux Empire® looks out for our clients.